“Mirrors” Roma IPSAR 2010- Giampaolo Di Rosa
This is the first recording to be made on the new Mascioni opus. 1181 symphonic organ of the Portuguese Institute of Saint Anthony in Rome.
The instrument was commissioned by Rector of Saint’s Anthony M. Agostinho Borges and designed by Jean Guillou, titular organist of the Church of Saint Eustache in Paris.
The program of this recording present a complex musical discourse, as conceived and performed by the titular organist of the church of Saint Anthony, Giampaolo Di Rosa, Daniel D’Oliveira assistance in tonal design and recording.
The organ of Saint Anthony’s express a new and original conception of spatial context, wherein the several section favor the solo qualities of their individual registers so as to create a sort of continuous interactive polyphony. The effect of this heightened by the physical distance between the five registers of the Positivo, situated in the right transept, and those of the Grand’organo, the Recitativo, the Solo (“Wanderer”) and the pedal located in the Church’s original baroque organ loft and above the aisles to the right and the left of the organ loft itself.